- Pattern: by Mirabilia
- Materials: 32 count Belfast "Zeus' Domain" by Under the Sea Fabrics, DMC, Kreinik, Mill Hill as charted
- Size: 9.13" x 16.5"
- Time to stitch: 20 days
My 5th Mermaid is finished!
The pattern is fine, no errata, easy to follow. I adore the color palette, the deep blues, in this design. There are 4 colors of Kreinik used, and 5 types of beads. The beading didn't take long though, about 3 hours. I didn't like how sometimes the magnifica beads are positioned right next to the regular seed beads; the size and shape differ. I suppose it's only noticeable close up. The only mod I made was on the left side, I added an additional bubble strand. I did that to cover a light spot on the fabric that looked out of place.
The fabric is hand painted with an ombré effect, deep blue to pale blue, and it was lovely to stitch on. I could not be happier with how it turned out for this pattern. However, I had to position the stitching carefully to cover a few areas I didn't like. And then there was a light spot near her left shoulder, as mentioned above. Buying hand dyed fabric online is always a crapshoot and I suppose hand painted fabric is even more so.
My favorite details are her gorgeous and sparkly tail, beautiful face with closed eyes, blue and green hair, and modest pose despite s*xy upper body.
I was intending her to be an April finish, but I had allotted 5 days in March and I finished on Day 4, so oh well. My mermaid gallery project is on hiatus for now, but I probably will start another later this year. I did frame one my older mermaid finishes, expect a Framing HD post soon!