The only cross stitch project that saw any action this month was my son's birth sampler. Last time:
As you can see, I finished the bottom right quadrant, and continued. The tree (heart of the forest, as I think of it) is nearly finished, and I've stitched the chipmunk and faun to the left of tree. In fact, the bottom half of this project is nearly complete!
I also completed some sewing for the nursery. I sewed around 40 9" square double sided flannel wipes to use with my cloth diapers (thanks to Rachel's Nest for the idea). I have a small spray bottle which I fill with water and a drop or two of baby soap (Mustela Dermocleansing). I spritz his diaper area before I wipe him down, and feel that gets him much cleaner than the disposable wipes we used before and it's certainly very soft. Yes, we moved onto cloth diapers and I love it! I totally recommend the Best Bottoms system. It's easy and contains the mess very well.
I also sewed 2 diaper pail liners (laundry bags) out of printed PUL (waterproof fabric). As a diaper pail, I got a 15 L stainless steel steel step can from Bed Bath and Beyond- where it was on sale and with a coupon, quite reasonable. It opens and closes easily, replacing this one from Target, which makes a huge bang like shot when you step on the pedal to open it. Not optimal when you're trying to keep things quiet and calm in the nursery.
Anyway, I used this smart and simple tutorial by Runs with Spatulas, though my can was a different size. Conveniently the trash can came with (disposable) custom fitted liners, so I used one for my pattern (adding seam allowance, of course).