Sorry this is late, but hey, I had a baby Feb 10th. Basic survival is the priority at first! The pretty spring colors of Mira's Petal Fairy are inspiring during bleak winter. Progress before (fabric color more true):
As of the end of January, I'd say progress is near 50%. Time to start a new Mira, perhaps?
At the beginning of February, I started a new project, Lizzie Kate Christmas by the letter, on 32 count raw linen by MCG Textiles. I guess quality is hit or miss with this fabric brand, I've used it before and it was fine, though I'm not thrilled witt the quality of this piece. However, the price was right- just a few dollars at Joann. In another concession to economy, I'm using some of the hand dyed threads as charted, also some plain DMC. Progress is around 15%, as of February 7th or so. I tried working on it in the next few days before I went into labor on the 10th, but my comfy stitching chair was not so comfy anymore. Since his arrival, I've put in a few stitches, but nothing significant.
I also worked in a few nursery decor projects. First, lined back tab drapes. View Along the Way has a great tutorial.
Same fabric (Joann Fabric mid weight cotton "Monkey Stripe") for a "cheater" box pleated crib skirt, per Teal and Lime. The panels are merely taped to bed frame underneath mattress so the length will be adjustable. We will lower the mattress as baby O grows.
These pics reveal glimpses of Ollie's nursery. Eventually, I will post a full reveal, but it may be a while until I finish all the projects. I'll set a loose deadline- say when he is 6 months old (mid August). For the next full moon, which is not so far away, I would like to work on additional nursery decor projects, like the baby quilt I have pieced and sandwiched. I would also like to make a start on Ollie's birth sampler. It's a fairly small patten by Stoney Creek but involves many colors .