Hi, I'm Stephanie aka "OhSewCrafty" and I'm participating in the WIPocalypse for the third time for 2014. In previous years, finishing has been the focus. This year, as I'm expecting my first baby next month, the focus will simply be on doing some of the crafting that I love as I adjust to my new role as "Mom".
Here are my 2014 WIPocalypse projects.
1. Unicorn Mystique. I started this in 2007 and it's now ~80% finished. It would be nice to finish- but no pressure.
2. Maiden and the Unicorn- started in 2007 and now ~20% finished. I stalled on the fiddly border (lots of of fractional stitches on 36 ct fabric). I'll give it another shot now that I'm more experienced stitching on evenweaves. If I still can't abide it, I'll toss it. No point in having an ever lasting UFO around.
3. Mask of Colors QS, 25% finished. It would be great to finish a HAED project someday. This is a cool design but I don't love working on it (too much confetti). Progress (50%) is the goal.
4. Petal Fairy. My only current Mirabilia WIP and I'd love to have another, perhaps a Mermaid. My goal for Petal is 50% (bottom half of chart).
5. Beacon at Daybreak, started last year and 10% finished. This is a small project (5 x 7) that I'd like to finish, as it coordinates with Voyage at Sea, and I'd like to frame them and hang together in my guest bath.
6. A new Christmas cross stitch project- I framed two finished projects last year and I'd love to have more Christmas wall decor. I have a gazillion patterns, so that is TBD. But Lizzie Kate Christmas by the letter and/or a Christmas angel by Dimensions or Joan Elliott are strong contenders.
8. Tree of Life Baby Blanket. Border is on the needles, then I need to sew the border on and back the whole thing with flannel (already stashed), this should be done by the time baby arrives!
9. Baby clothes! Aviatrix hat is in progress in a heavy worsted weight yarn. I also want to knit another hat for indoor wear (Easy Peasy Newborn Sock Hat), socks (Cozy Little Toes), sweater (Puerperium Cardigan). Later in the year, I want to make this Pea Coat; I thought it was the cutest baby sweater ever since I saw it 5 years ago. I have pregnancy induced carpal tunnel and knitting aggravates it, so most of these projects will probably have to wait until after he is born.
10. Nursery decor projects. Curtains, crib skirt, quilt. A shopping cart seat cover. A Christening outfit. Whatever cute clothes he may need (though I already have a lot of clothes it seems- gifts and I picked up some stuff on Black Friday). The curtains are in progress, ready to be hung then I can mark the hem. I like to do a blind hem on drapes.
On a general note, my cross stitch UFO's/WIPs currently number at 7. In the past few years, getting that number down to the single digits felt pretty good. But now, I'm planning to start whatever, whenever, guilt free. This is a new phase of life for me, why not?