- Pattern: by Joan Elliott
- Materials: Summer Breeze belfast linen by Silkweaver (old), DMC, etc as charted
- Size: ~10.5" x 14"
- Time to stitch: 1.5 months (July 1- August 14, 2013)
The fabric is Summer Breeze belfast linen by Silkweaver, from my old stash. I think this fabric is perfect for the design, a light summer sky. As with the other seasonal fairies, I modified the backstitch to eliminate the stair step. My backstitch on Summer is a little choppy, compared to the others, but I don't think it will be noticeable when these ladies are framed.
I was happy to finish her within 1.5 months, that how much time I allocated to each Summer and Autumn. The idea is to finish the entire series before my preggo belly gets huge and stitching may not be comfortable. I'm going to have to figure something out, because I normally stitch with a lap frame/stand, in "my" armchair with feet propped up on ottoman. That probably won't work too well with a big bump. Here are the three seasonal faires finished so far.
I worked on her pretty much exclusively during the time period, but I could have finished her earlier. I like to stitch, then do the metallics, and finally the beads. I ran out of the Kreinik with just a bit undone, and later the 3021 beads. So twice, I stopped working until I could get the needed supply. I visited a local shop for the beads; they had every single Mill Hill bead other than the 3021. It was like the universe was conspiring against me! So I started Autumn Fairy. More on that next time.