Well, after finishing Voyage at Sea, my UFO count was down to 7 and I decided to start something new, bring it back up to 8. There was a lot of hemming and hawing, some floss sorting (from kits), a few floss tosses, but I eventually decided on Mirabilia's Petal Fairy. Here's the floss toss with the pattern photo (how it should look when finished):
I had this lovely hand-dyed "Ametrine" 32 count opalescent lugana in my old Silkweaver stash and thought it would be nice to stitch on pink. (My camera had a hard time capturing the hue). I really love the fabric, I think it's so pretty with the subtle sparkles, but I find the needle splitting the threads at times. I suppose I prefer stitching on linen.
I started at the midpoint, near her waist, and stitched down to the bottom left of the chart. So, even though I leave the beading til the end, I'd say the project is about 25% complete after one single week rotation. There's not as much stitching on the top half of the chart. It is really fun to stitch; her skirt is composed of lily petals, something like this. At my wedding in 2005, decor included similarly hued calla lilies and leonidas roses. I am really looking forward to stitching the rest of this project but the rotation moves on. I mounted "Unicorn Mystique" on my scroll bars and will give that project some attention before moving back to "Winter Fairy".