Last year, I worked on 8 out of 10 of my listed goals. I actually finished 5! Like last year, it will be a mix of cross stitch and knitting projects. Cross stitching first:
1. Unicorn Mystique, started June 1, 2007, 20% complete. There's a long way to go, but I finished most of the white, gray, and black (boring colors IMO), so the rest should be smooth sailing! My progess vs. how it should look when finished:
2. Royal Holiday, started December 26, 2007, 40% complete. I would love to finish my third Mirabilia design and my house is begging for Christmas decor.
Now for the knitting:
7. Nespelem cardi, one of my neglected goals from last year's WIPocalypse. Enough procrastination, already. 85% done. This is a cute design and should be in my wardrobe come Spring.
8. Acorn lace cami, another neglected goal from last year. 90% done. New goal: Summer 2013.
9. Kingscot, started in March 2012 and neglected as I lost my mojo. This cabled cardi has a long way to go (maybe 20% done), but it would be nice for Valentine's day (it is pink).
10. Iris, started in June 2011, maybe 60% done, and lost steam. Lace cardigan in cotton yarn on Size 3 needles. But all I have left is the right front, second sleeve, and front band.
Now, let's talk goals. Last year I finished four cross stitch projects. This year I want to finish five, whether they would be WIPocalypse projects or new starts remains to be seen. I know this is a rather ambitious goal, considering I tend to stitch medium to large projects, but why not shoot for the stars? As for knitting, last year I finished 12 projects (not all of which have been photographed/blogged), one of which one was for the WIPocalypse. 5 sweaters, 3 hats, 1 skirt, 1 shawl, 1 cowl, and 1 pair of socks. This year I want to finish 13. Why not, it's 2013 after all. And I want to specify that at least 6 be sweaters, because I have an extensive stash that desperately needs attention. I used to be a crazy prolific knitter (in 2011, I finished 20 sweaters!) but that was before my rediscovery of cross stitch (thanks to the WIPocalypse). Now I'm more obsessed with stitching. In fact, I've started something for the No. 6 slot. It's coming out so pretty, and quickly, and I am hatching grand plans. More details on that next time.