Another year, another WIPocalypse. My name is Stephanie. I pass the days with my baby son, Oliver, and my evenings crafting. Mostly I cross stitch, I also sew and knit. My favorite colors are blues, greens, purples- jewel tones. Topically, I enjoy fantasy- I love stitching dragons, fairies, mermaids, etc. Truthfully, in the past few months, I have not crafted much as I've been gaming (World of Warcraft is such a timesuck), but I'm planning to shift the balance in favor of crafting, again. So, without further adeiu, here are my goals.
1. Lizze Kate Xmas by the letter. The goal is to finish and frame for Christmas 2015. As a subgoal, I have large stack in the to-be-framed pile, it would be great to finish some of those (I do my own framing).
2. Emerald Mermaid by Mirabilia. The goal is to finish and start another Mira, possibly Midsummer Nights' Fairy or Mediterranean Mermaid, or Halloween Fairy.
3. Celtic Christmas by Lavendar in Lace. I started this project in 2013, did not touch at all last year. She is currently around 15% complete; progress (to 50%) would be nice.
4. Petal Fairy by Mirabilia. Currently around 45% complete- progress to 75% is the goal.
6. Mask of Colors QS by Heaven and Earth Designs. Currently at 25%, progress to 50% is the goal. This was a goal last year, but it never saw the light of day. I would like to finish a HAED project, so hopefully this year I'll be more motivated to work on it.
7. New starts- a Christmas project, probably Joan Elliott's Christmas Angel. A Halloween project, maybe MIrabilia's Halloween Fairy. Something for Oliver- Dragon Dreams' Fairy Tale Sampler is mostly kitted up. Something from a new-to-me designer and/or a BAP. Progress is the goal.
8. Sewing-garments. Cute stuff for Oliver, especially holiday outfits. Clothes for myself. I've lost all the baby weight, then some. My old clothes are too big, and even the older (smaller) clothes aren't quite suitable. I spent 10+ years working in offices (most recently in higher education); the business casual style isn't right for my present jig (stay at home mom). I have a huge fabric stash, which I may as well put to some use.
9. Sewing-home dec. I want to finish Ollie's crib quilt and another quilt WIP, Stained Glass Star. That one is meant to be a wall hanging and only needs binding and some loops, etc for hanging. Also, my Halloween ornaments kit needs finishing (I did six last year and there are 6 more to do). My Valentine's fabric rose wreath, which was in progress last February when Oliver decided to make his appearance one week early, needs finishing. I want to sew some holiday decor for other seasons as well.
10. Knitting. For Oliver, this pea coat. Also, the Lancelot pullover. For myself, I have the Baudelaire jacket, which needs ends woven, buttons, etc. Also, the Apres Surf Hoodie, I started on my trip to England last year. After about six weeks, the front, back, and both sleeves were done, but then I learned I was pregnant and had zero desire to knit for expanding self. So, the hood, seaming, finishing, etc remains. Also, I'd like to do some smaller projects. For years, I had a New Year's Day tradition of starting a hat project. January 1 is past, but I plan to cast on a hat project during the month of January. As a subgoal- photography and documentation! I have several older projects, basically finished, which need to be photo'd, blogged, etc.